The Fauquier Bank is committed to making TFB Mobile Banking safe and secure. To ensure the security of your account information, TFB Mobile Banking protects you at a high level of the following security safeguards:
- Advanced encryption technology that prevents unauthorized access and guards your personal information.
- Technology that never stores secure information on your mobile device.
- Guarantee that no personally identifiable information is returned or asked for in text banking, such as your full account number, PIN, email, personal address, user ID, and password.
- Truncated account numbers so that your account numbers are safe and do not appear on the screen of your mobile device.
- Verification process that requires a unique code to confirm your mobile device phone number and associate your mobile phone number with your account.
- Check images are not stored on phone when you use mobile deposit.
Like your computer, your mobile device needs to be protected. Help protect your personal information by being aware of the following mobile security threats:
- Fraudulent texting, calling and voicemails are on the rise. Just like in fraudulent email, requests for personal information or a call for immediate action are almost always a scam.
- Fraudulent mobile apps may capture your personal information and transmit it to their servers. Always download apps from approved sources like your mobile service provider or mobile device manufacturer’s marketplace.
- Identity thieves may physically access your mobile phone when you are not watching and try to steal personal information. Use the password or PIN feature on your mobile device.
- Be aware of shoulder surfing while accessing mobile banking.
- Do not store your PIN and personal data on your mobile devices.
- Protect your mobile device just as you would your computer. Secure your mobile device by using a strong passcode and be cautious about the sites you visit and the information you release.
- Do not leave your mobile device idle while your mobile banking session is still active.
- When banking and shopping on your mobile device, check to be sure the sites are secure. Look for web addresses with https: in the address. This means the site takes extra measures to help secure your information.
- Follow mobile security issues in the news and discuss them with friends, family and colleagues. Explore online resources like the Identity Theft Assistance Center for more information about identity theft and safe online behavior.
Safe Online Shopping with MasterCard® SecureCode
MasterCard® SecureCode is the easy new way to enjoy added online shopping security for all your online MasterCard® debit purchases. We offer this great service at no additional charge.
Click Here to Enroll Your Debit Card
MasterCard® SecureCode FAQS
If you suspect your personal information has been stolen or you see suspicious account activity immediately call TFB at 800-638-3798.
If your mobile device is lost or stolen:
- Report it immediately to your mobile carrier.
- Log on to TFB Online Banking from your computer and change your password.
- Log on to TFB Online Banking from your computer and delete your mobile device's phone number from the Mobile Banking Options Section.
For more information on Mobile Phone Security, check out these videos:
Mobile Security Awareness Video